to improve the quality of life for Indigenous Australians.
To provide health and nutrition education and to strive for excellence in health care for Indigenous Australians.
We partner with federal, state and territory governments, statutory & peak health bodies, corporate, NGOs and non-profit organisations.
Chief Executive Officer Graham “Buzz” Bidstrup has been actively involved in the Australian entertainment industry for over 40 years as a musician, songwriter, music producer and artist manager.
He played drums with The Angels aka Angel City (USA, UK Europe) in 1976 and co-wrote the hit single “No Secrets”. In 1984 he founded the legendary band GANGgajang and his career path has seen him involved in the business of the music industry as a producer and manage.
Buzz met Jimmy Little when he was asked to help promote the Messenger album in 1999 beginning a wonderful friendship and working relationship that eventually saw the two of them establish both the Jimmy Little Foundation in 2005 and Uncle Jimmy Thumbs Up! in 2007.
Some Organisations we have Worked with include:
• The Australian Government
• Northern Territory Government
- Venture Housing Company Darwin
• Australian Indigenous Doctor’s Association
• Ngaanyatjarra Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara Women’s Council
• Arnhem Land Progress Aboriginal Corporation
• Outback Stores
• Retail Stores Group QLD
• Remote Health Services Delivery
• The George Institute for International Health
• Kidney Health Australia
• Renal Resource Centre
• The Fred Hollows Foundation
• Transplant Australia
• Diabetes Australia Queensland
• The Mutitjulu Foundation
• The Mutitjulu Community Aboriginal Council
• East Arnhem Council
• Thamarrurr Development Corporation
• Pintubi Homelands Health Service
• Ian Thorpe Fountain for Youth
• Menzies School of Health Research
• Aboriginal Medical Services Alliance of Northern Territory
• National Aboriginal Controlled Health Organisation
• Central Australian Aboriginal Congress
• Nganampa Health Council
• EON Foundation
• Remote Indigenous Garden Project
• Unity of First Peoples of Australia
• YWCA Darwin
Uncle Jimmy Thumbs Up! Ltd is a not-for-profit charitable organisation with DGR (tax exempt) status. UJTU Ltd is governed by a Board of Directors. Funding is sourced from a combination of corporate and private donations and has received support from the Australian and Northern Territory Governments and other NFP organisations.
Board of Directors :
Adam James Robinson:
Adam James Robinson is a Quandamooka man from Stradbroke Island QLD who for the past 4 years has been the Business Coordinator of the Indigenous Research and Engagement Unit at the University of Technology Queensland. Adam is also a successful award winning musician and songwriter who has also been a music facilitator in many communities for the Uncle Jimmy Thumbs Up! program. With his skills and interest in music and marketing Adam brings more than his youthful energy to the organization.
Jon Altman is an emeritus professor of the Australian National University with the Regulatory Institutions Network (RegNet) at ANU. He has an academic background in economics and anthropology and has worked on issues of Indigenous development for nearly 40 years. Between 1990 and 2010 he was foundation director of the Centre for Aboriginal Economic Policy Research (CAEPR) at ANU.